Evaluation Criteria for Marketing Automation
The independent authority on search vendors, topseos.com, evaluates and ranks the best in the internet marketing industry. Through the use of rigorous evaluation criteria and the guidelines that we have set for marketing automation services, we put together a list of the top marketing automation companies in the industry. Our in-depth analysis delves into a vendor's business practices and compares them against industry standards to ensure that the service is quality. Often times we connect directly to the clients of a vendor and ask about their overall experiences.
There are five key areas that we focus on when dealing with evaluating and rankings marketing automation companies.
The first evaluation criteria focuses in on the ease of use of the marketing automation software. The software is evaluated for its overall use and how simple navigation and action features are to allow for sales and marketing to take advantage of the features of the software with minimal education time.
Implementation time is also evaluated to ensure that companies are able to take advantage of the marketing automation services with as little downtime and implementation time as possible. The faster it is to implement the better it is.
The APIs available for development are also evaluated. Are developers able to create applications that pull from the software? What platforms are able to pull information? How secure is the API?
The overall support is also important to users of the marketing automation software. Does the support team go out of the way to help customers use the software? How quick is the support team in handling billing and technical related issues?
Finally, what kind of integration methods are available with the software? Is the software compatible with different office and sales software? How easy is it to integrate within other software applications?
A few questions that we may ask clients of marketing automation software providers that we are evaluating might be:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How much time did it take to set up your campaign?
- Does the software support integration with other applications?
- Does the software provide flexible reporting methods?
- How much support and how quick was support able to respond to queries?
- What types of features are included in both entry and premium levels of the software?