Evaluation Criteria for Mobile Marketing
topseos.com, the independent authority on search vendors, recognizes the best mobile optimization companies in the industry. Vendors that are listed on topseos have gone through a meticulous evaluation process to determine the quality of work that is done. This often times includes a review of the vendor portfolio and contacting clients to obtain evaluations from them. At the end of this process, the top vendors are ranked.
The first component of evaluation is the URL use. Does the vendor understand the advantages and disadvantages of using a mobile specific URL? What type of keyword strategy is put into the URL’s in order to rank the site better in mobile search engines?
Next, we assess whether the vendor uses mobile compliant code. Does the code used by the vendor ensure cross-mobile browser compatibility? We assess the consistency of the site via different mobile browsers.
We recognize the need for easy navigation for mobile users. Because of this we evaluate the usability of a site in a mobile browser. Does the site allow quick access to the information that mobile users are seeking, or is the mobile site bogged down by unneeded information?
A fourth aspect reviewed by us is the integration of the primary site with the mobile site. How does the vendor maintain informational consistency for all users?
Lastly, we evaluate how current the vendor is on mobile web trends. Does the vendor have a set way of creating mobile sites, or are they adapting to the changes in the industry? Is the vendor up to date on current browser requirements for mobile sites?
A few questions we may ask clients of these firms are:
• What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
• What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
• What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
• What was your total investment?
• Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
• Do you have a separate domain for your mobile site?
• How is the mobiles site integrated with the general website?
• How have you ensured that your mobile site is user friendly?
• What are the load times for your mobile site?
• What keywords does your mobile site currently rank for and how much daily traffic does it attract?